The Birds of Good Cheer surround the Gratitude Goddess, just out of the kiln.
There are quite a few birds ready to go home with you, to remind you of offering a smile during this holiday season. Sometimes people find themselves sad or down while everyone else appears to be celebrating during this time. Maybe they lost a loved one the past year and find it difficult to be with others or something else is going on for them. I made these birds to remind us to be like a bird of good cheer and spread a little joy/smile when you can this month. We can all make a difference and be of service; remember it is the little things, like a smile or a pat on the back that brings a bit of joy or relaxation. If you would like one, let me pick out the special one for you, with the surprise name on the bottom. Birds are 3.5" long and salt fired to cone 10.
Thank you so much for your support and for being a part of this community. Cheers!
Congratulations Zora! You won the Gratitude Goddess!
Thank you for sharing your personal gratitudes and helping to add energy to the gratitudes circling the planet. We loved having you participate from Canada~! Sending best wishes for a wonderful holiday!
Here are some of the beautiful responses from Gratitude Month. Thank you to everyone who participated! We can't wait to pick the winner of the challenge, but know that everyone wins when they learn to appreciate what they have. Next time you are down, take a look at this list. There truly is SO much for which to be grateful!
Love, Caroline and Catherine
- Lydia Pellow - Cool I already do this in the morning and night. I'm really grateful for you and your new campaign!
- Suzanne Frazier - I am grateful for your friendship and your sharing of your life journey.
- Susannah Storch Allen - Cool! What I'm really grateful for is...my family. Every night I try to count my blessings and every night the first blessings that come to mind are the people and animals who make my life richer.
- Victoria Hart - More than anything, I am grateful for the Love that I receive in my life; without it I would be completely lost, all the beauty in the world would be gone for me. Everyday I feel grateful for the Love.
- Vicki Grabowski - "What I'm Really Grateful For Is..." Knowing what my passions are and giving myself the time to pursue them now that I'm retired. I'm grateful for life.
- Mary Chen Fowler - I am grateful for my family, my friends, my health..the ability to feel joy and appreciate beauty....being able to travel and see the world and being able to learn somthing new every day.
- Anne Berman - I'm grateful for love, family, friends, mystery, and my spirit guides!
- Kit Martinez - I'm grateful that in my deepest of hearts I know how wonderful life is, that the matter which is me is aware -- and loves.
- Cheryl Barnes - What I'm Really Grateful For is my daughter Anny and her wonderful wedding day.
- Dawn Richerson - What I'm really grateful for is the joy of helping healers and coaches birth their extraordinary books and businesses that will change our world.
- Virginia Ellenson - I'm grateful to find others sharing what they're grateful for here on Facebook and would LOVE to see this practice grow. I decided to share my gratitude daily on my wall during the month of November ... inviting others to do likewise. Let's hear it for synchronicity and taking time to appreciate our blessings ... one by one.
- Kathy Dorfer - i am grateful for the life i have been given and for everyday to be able to create art . i am grateful for my daughter and famiy and friends.
- Suzanne Frazier - I am greatly grateful for the rising sun every morning that gives me one more day to create art, live generously and share the joy with my friends.
- Nancy Ringer - Grateful for -- Hands that create, hearts that love, and minds that try to take it all in!
- Diana VanGorden - I am grateful for the freedom to think what I want, ability to create my own beauty every day and LOVE!
- Diana Devine Caile - What I"m really grateful for is the blessing of each new day.
- Kara McGee - I am grateful to be, to love, to create, to connect, to sing, to move, to play, to cherish each day and for every friend that comes my way. Many blessings to all who read this.
- Caroline Douglas Art - I am so grateful today for my good friends, laughter and a whole day in the studio! Yay!
- Cathleen Harvey Spacil - Love this and love you!
- Shannon Sunderland - I am grateful that my son Lino took an art class with you this past summer, which has made him realize a passion for working in clay/sculpture (at eight years old)!
- Jul Swann - I am grateful for the brave sisters and brother who are occupying!
- Roxy Giddens - I am so grateful for my wonderful parents! Their influence has made me who I am today.
- Jeane Myers - I'm grateful for each day xxo
- Diana Devine Caile - I am grateful for my children.
- Diana Devine Caile - And my FABulous next door neighbor. :)
- Lydia Pellow - I am grateful for my bed. Sweet dreams!
- Willi Eggerman -I am grateful for my husband and his lugging of all my artwork from here to there and back again.
- Liesbeth Schoolwerth Gren - I am grateful for the great friends I have in my life, that includes my husband.
- Suzanne Frazier - Delightfully charmingly beautiful expression!
- Caroline Douglas Art - I am so grateful for all these beautiful posts. I feel so full, just like the moon tonight. Sweet dreams to you all!
- Susan Schirl Smith - Gratitude... what a wonderful question to ponder! I am grateful for each breath, the inspiration of life bringing life to the physical, the "Inspiration" of life bringing life to the soul. I'm grateful for each moment lived from a place of love, and grateful to be able to share that love with friends, family, and the world. (And I'm grateful to have met cool people like you along the way!)
- Jewel Lauer - I am most grateful for the mystery of life, for all the things we cannot know, to wonder and experience life like as a child does fresh and new.
- Ellen Dygert - My creative talents!!
- Kathleen Mac Arthur - my loving god!
- Micheál Rowsome - being able to wake up each morning
- Beth Esposito - What I'm Grateful for is all the Beautiful Goddessess who have gone before me on this life journey and illuminate my way. Also for surviving a broken neck. After the surgery the Dr told me statistically I should be dead or bare minimum a Quadrapaligic. I'm fine and will dance at my Son's wedding. Treatment works. Blesses be and thanks to all you Goddessess
- Dee Romesburg - What I'm really grateful for is my family and friends.
- Debra Mize - Today my gratitude statement is that I am grateful for: Another day to make better choices and be what I need to be.
- Inger Nilsen - What I'm really grateful for is my beautiful, loving, healthy, positive children
- CeaCea Golem - I am grateful for the gift of Life!!!!!!!!!!! Everyday is a window of beauty!♥
- Jennifer Chaffin - What I am really grateful for is having a hard time deciding because there is so much!
- Family, friends, music, creativity, finding this page and your wonderful art, the delight of unexpectedly stepping on a soft carpet of moss this morning with bare feet...:)
- Kim Saunders - What I'm really grateful for is... my 7 yr old daughter who is the reason for everything! Owning my own business and having the tenacity to stick with it even when it looks very gloomy. And I'm grateful to be alive!
- Heather Dominick-Kosmicki - I am so very grateful for the AMAZING colors splashing all of Central Park right now. Just incredible.
- Zora Noronha - There is so much I am grateful for...my family, friends, my career, learning, growing, stumbling, Mother Earth, my home, my health, my body, heart and soul:) I feel truly blessed!
- Meredith Moore - I am grateful for my ability to learn and improve and unstuck myself.
- Julia Comfort - What I am really grateful are my friends. Although we all live so far away from each other and are living very busy lives, I know that I can call them whenever I am feeling lonely or sad. And they will listen to me and give me love and support.
- Chasity Berry Kiger - I am grateful for my life!
- Susan Jaramillo - I'm grateful for all my blessings.
- Sheila Twomey Lynch - I'm grateful for my very loving husband! I'm so grateful he's in my life.
- Gail Hoehn - In this moment I am grateful for the gift of clarity.
- Anne Eversmann - grateful for the stillness within that allows me to ponder the beauty of our creative spirits.
- Lydia Pellow - I am grateful for another day of loving.
- Julie Neri - I am grateful for the community of clay that supports in so many ways that go beyond the creation of pottery.
- Myra Erickson - Grateful for the gift of my senses! Seeing the art and creativity of others, visually stimulates and inspirest me daily. thankyou for your beautiful visually stunning creations!
- Heather Russell - I'm grateful for my fabulous son, for pottery classes that inspire, for loving family and friends, for living in a college town, and for paying the rent by playing in the garden.
- Patti Grace Garvey Iannone - I am grateful for everything in my life, both what seems bad and all the good or I would not know what gratitude is all about. I am also grateful I found your Mom's books with her very first one and now you. What a wonderful day, as are all, to be grateful.
- Patti Grace Garvey Iannone I forgot to say that I was sobering up 17 years ago when I found her and they helped me be grateful ...woohoooooo
- Jo Lane - I am grateful that there are people like you creating art and living a creative life to inspire us and to get us thinking of what we are grateful for. Every day is a blessing for me and everyone who crosses my path in my journey in this life I am grateful to, everyone has a tale to tell and knowledge to share. What an awesome thing it is to embrace this GRATITUDE!!!
- Lynn Bregman Blass - Gratitude for waling up in this comfy bed with nowhere I have to rush off to.
- Gail Witt - I am grateful every day that my wounds have healed and I am on the road to recovery. I can walk miles and enjoy my beautiful dogs as well as attending evets with my grandsons. Life is really wonderful, and much more so when you have lost the ability to revel in it. I am so grateful to be back!
- Vanessa Wesley - I am grateful for you, sweetie. For creative expression that shows itself as love. I am grateful for love.
- Sue Seecof - I am grateful for the beauty of the sky, mountains and the quiet peace in our world.
- Briggs Geister - I am grateful everyday for the wonderful and supportive friends that I am so blessed to have. Their friendship and steadfastness means so much to me. I am grateful too for the beauty of the world around me. There are so many things to be grateful for!
- Carolyn Hopper - I'm grateful that I get to have the opportunity to know my 95 year old mother better now that she is living near me. I'm grateful for every day that I can get out of bed and ask the Universe "show me who I should bless today?"
- Carolyn Hopper - Thank you. And, your sculpture is beautiful. Connected with the work I am doing with other women to help foster a Deep Nature Connection in our community. We've all had bird visions. If I can find it I'll send you a picture I took in Utah that your sculpture reminds me of.
- Eric Brown - What I'm Really Grateful For Is... being aware of the communication of the Universe to me (all of us), via birds, roly polys, passers by and words.. that stand out to me on the side of a buss, graffiti and in books, friends, thoughts and intuitive hits, dreams and the in betweens... the wind, sun and rain, and even the little pains... like injuries and illness are full of blessings. Thank you
- Gabrielle Edison - OK, here goes ... just some of what I feel grateful for (dangling participles!): son. sun. tree peonies in Spring/ red cardinals in green trees / mother, father, teachers / sisters, brother, teachers / friends & four-legged animals the world over/ fresh clear air and mountains calling, "here, here, all of this here." (And as a friend said to me last week: "I'm so glad our planet comes with a moon.")
- Gabrielle Edison - streams, oceans, and thriving marine life/ silence/ stones and salt/ the four dignities/ "all the elements/ the animate and inanimate...."
- Lori Sieren - Caroline, this is such a perfect thing to do- and to share in this way. I was inspired weeks ago, when you posted your gratitude chain and I have started one of my own. I am thankful for inspiration and the longing for it. I am abundantly grateful for three strong, thoughtful, curious, children who seem to love me back. I am in love with my husband... that fills me up! ...My health AND those things that I suffer, laughter, new perspective, a little bit of money now and then, dreams, bees, a new found love of blue (the color), old people, that babies keep coming, that my mother was able to die this past July, with her family holding hands around her bed as she took her last breath, for my mother, my confidants, acquaintance's and my extended family. Ah!... Sophie and Juna (our dogs)! I feel like I'm forgetting some essential thing... oh yeah- me! I am quite thankful for you too, Caroline. Thanks for this! Blessings, blessings, blessings!
- Mary Chen Fowler - I am grateful for beauty in nature, for the sun on my face, the ground under my feet. ..my family and friends...exotic food and travel...my health and ...being able to be grateful...
- R Mercedes Lindenoak - I am grateful for everything in life even the challenging bits because they give me a chance to find out who and what I really am. Life is the greatest adventure ever!
- Linda Seaton - I am grateful for everything - the good and "bad". Every experience creates a new part of me and I am grateful for every experience in my life.
- Anne Gregerson - I am grateful for majestic mountains, ever-changing through the seasons and times of day, and always beautiful. I am grateful for eyes to see the beauty that surrounds me, and a heart to rejoice in it every day.
- Kara McGee - What I'm really grateful for is Basic Goodness.
- Karen Ripley - I am grateful for mys dear Father in-law who died last night at age 96. We are sad but glad that he has been released from his useless body and his useless mind. Karen Ripley
- Kay Packard - I'm grateful for your Presence, Caroline!
- Nancy Eudeikis-Neumann - I am grateful that I am able to adopt the older dogs that some people think are disposable. I am also grateful that I am able to help out others with their animals when they need me. I sure do love my animals.
- Gabrielle Silva - Gratitude is really cool, without it one would be a fool!
- Gabrielle Silva - In Ragananda's world, this is the Emerald Elves chant that one would do before being whisked off to hear more stories in the Emerald Elves Library... (they charge a toll of stories to travelers that they capture trespassing in their land) Green thoughts are thank you thoughts, Giving thanks for what we've got, Friends and family, food and fun, Thanks, thanks THANKS! for tales well spun!
- Gabrielle Silva - I'm grateful for Caroline, and her passion for life, and her incessant creativity, and her jolly smile, and her wee people in leaky boats, and her deep insight into the true nature of humanity, so evident in her sculptures.
- Tara O'Leary - I am grateful for my impulsive nature, it never steers me wrong!
- Kim Poletti - I am grateful for this beautiful sunny, warm, blue sky day in the middle of November!!
- Kim Poletti - What I'm really grateful for is the chance to be in the human form.
- Nancy Lang - I'm grateful for art in all the forms it comes at me and from me. I'm really grateful for my legs and my feet, for the fact that I'm able to wear glasses that correct my vision (I mean, really, think about it!), for my friends, for living in Colorado.
- Anne Pendergrast - I am so grateful to be able to do what I love (creating and teaching art)!
- Barbara K. Moran Flocke - What I'm grateful for is my amazing husband who's so loving and supportive and fun!
- Kate Villarreal - I'm grateful for my students. One week off of school and I'm going to really miss them!
- Laurie Larsen - I am so grateful for the variety and abundance of beauty in this world - the delicious smell of a baby's head, sunlight glinting on water, golden moonlight painting the landscape in blues and purples, the hand of a loved one resting in mine, being a mother of two magnificent children, the look of love in my husband's eyes, the gentle presence of the plant kingdom in all its myriad forms, the flow of a brush filled with vibrant paint as it glides across the white paper, tears and laughter or even towering anger and quiet tenderness, to feel, to be alive... Thank you Caroline for directing our attention towards gratitude!
- Susan Thevenet - I am grateful for trusting my heart and being willing to take risks. I left my wonderful Boulder to join the love of my life in Pittsburgh, take another bar exam, make new friends after 33 years and start a new job all at 61+ years old!
- Susan Keene - What I am really grateful for is being reminded this week that within me lies an invincible summer. (nod to Camus)
- Liesbeth Schoolwerth Gren - we're greatful for your amazing art and attitude!
- Liz Truesdall - I am grateful for my job that teaches me new things every minute of every day.
- Camille Lindsey-Larrabee - What I am really grateful for is all the amazing support I have had throughout my entire life. I have been gifted endless opportunities to explore myself and the world in meaningful ways. I have always found shoulders to cry on and hands to hold, and beautiful faces to share my laughter and wonder with (even at times when that face is my own=). I am grateful for movement- physical, emotional, spiritual- and the ability to progress ever forward.
- Nicki Raspotnik - I am grateful for my family, friends & the gift of sight which allows me to see all the beautiful things around me. Not the least of which are the wonderful quirky Caroline Douglas art pieces!
- Bonnie Lybrook - I'm grateful for the people in my life (husband, family, friends), the things I've experienced so far, the knowledge that there's still so much yet to experience. I'm grateful I'm still finding time to play while still working hard.
- Patty Heimerl - What I'm really grateful for are the friends who are there for me, through thick and thin, and who allow me to do the same for them.
- Lydia Pellow - I am grateful for my job, the guests that come in and the wonderful people I work with!
- Lydia Pellow - What I am really grateful for is to wake up, feel gratitude for all I have. My body and mind, my health, my family, and friends!
- Sande Roberts - I'm grateful for wonderful family and friends. For having the 'senses' of sight, touch, hearing, speaking, so that I can genuinely have awareness and appreciation. For being able to give and receive love. For having health, freedom, and that I have a community of wonderful and amazing people in my life.
- Jennifer Bredsdorff - I'm grateful for my health, my friends, my family, and my job. In these times of economic hardship, I feel so fortunate to be employed.
"Let's choose today to quench
our thirst for the good life we think
others lead by acknowledging the
good that already exists in our lives.
We can then offer the universe the
gift of our grateful hearts."
Sarah Ban Breathnach